Provide a group of artists - referred to as the AUDIO Grants Committee (AGC) - 111250 AUDIO to distribute to the Audius community on a case-by-case basis.
The maximum AUDIO per grant request should be soft-capped at 1000 AUDIO, and each member of the grant committee should receive a fixed monthly reward of 250 AUDIO for running the program.
This pilot committee is recommended and selected to kick off the first three-month program as they have a strong reputation for responsible action both within and outside of the Audius community. This allows the pilot program to establish a strong foundation that will allow for a successful transition to community-chosen committee members in future selections.
The Audius community treasury currently holds ~19M AUDIO.
This proposal looks to empower and mobilize prominent members of the Audius community by giving them ownership of a pool of AUDIO tokens to be distributed for artist-facing actions like remix contests, live streams, curation and onboarding.
Examples of proposals that may receive a grant from the committee include but are not limited to:
- 100 AUDIO to be used as prizes for a remix contest
- 100 AUDIO for curating an ongoing live stream to showcase Audius music
- 50 AUDIO to curate a community playlist
- 250 AUDIO to oversee a grassroots onboarding campaign
- 500 AUDIO to a collective for onboarding all of their artists to Audius.
- 1000 AUDIO to throw an Audius community festival.
The proposed first allocation of 100k AUDIO is meant to serve as three-month pilot, originally stewarded by:
- Matthew Chaim
- Pauline Herr
- Chet Porter
- Pat Lok
- Teen Daze
- FRQ NCY
This committee will also feature a veto division from Audius Discord moderators:
These moderators will be given the power to veto grants proposed from the artist committee on a case by case basis.
Following the completion of the three month trial, the community should assess the sustainability of this program, the signers of this group, and any additional grant amounts.
In exchange for acting as a member of this committee, each of the above 15 members should receive 250 AUDIO per month, estimated to be a total of 3750 AUDIO per month for a total of 11250 AUDIO over the three month trial period.
The committee should be governed using a 7/12 Gnosis Safe multisig found at 0xeABCcd75dA6c021c7553dB4A74CACC958812432A.
This means the allocation of 111250 AUDIO is broken down as 100,000 AUDIO to grants and 11,250 AUDIO to committee members.
Note: Committee members may be further empowered or removed at the discretion of the group based on their level of participation.
The community treasury has a deep pool of resources which can be used to mobilize Audius’s top advocates and active artists.
By empowering key actors with a meaningful amount of tokens, we can expect artists to activate more supporters without having to go through on-chain governance for each distribution.
While the community treasury has a large pool of AUDIO, having to present an on-chain proposal to receive any amount of allocation drastically reduces the scope of what can be passed, and who is capable of submitting them in the first place.
This proposal looks to offer an easy onramp to AUDIO rewards as decided by the community, for the community.
The committee is responsible for overseeing the distribution of monthly rewards to members and the ongoing allocation of AUDIO to grants recipients.
Any unused AUDIO that remains at the end of the three month pilot should be returned to the community treasury - but only if the program is not extended after a three month period.
- Provide artists with a more granular way to earn AUDIO for one-off campaigns
- Empower key contributors to seed the community with AUDIO rewards
- Create a funnel for creative experiments to be rewarded in real time, without having to go through on-chain governance.
- High degree of trust to grant recipients.
- Multiple committee members are new to overseeing a grants program, and this program poses the first time they have governed a large sum of tokens.
- Tokens distributed to community grants are not subject to any vesting.
Please use this poll to soft signal your support of this proposal.
- Yes - Distribute 111250 AUDIO to the Grants Committee
- No - Do not distribute AUDIO